Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Asset Extraction and Rendering[edit source]
How Do you all get the images from in game?
I have used the Assets Explorer Bundles and pulled Textures2 from the sharedassets1.assets file but it still seems to be missing a lot of the files such as Pickaxes and pickaxe power graphics
- Hello, Ruadolt!
- We use AssetStudio to extract assets from PickCrafter. Currently, it's only available for Windows. Download it here:
- Make sure you use the latest PickCrafter APK. Either use an APK extractor on Android, or download the latest Android APK from here: https://www.apk4fun.com/history/18838/
- Rename the file to a .zip to decompress it (or use 7Zip on the .apk), and load the new folder into AssetStudio. Once it's loaded, filter out the Sprites, and extract the filtered assets.
- Let me know if you have any trouble, or if there are any particular sprites you can't find! (By the way, remember to sign your posts with 4 tildes, and add a topic header to your questions. Thanks!)
- RhythmJigoku (talk) 22:50, 19 July 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks RhythmJigoku
- That got me close enough to what I needed the link you provided was for UnityStudio and every time I tried opening the folder\assets I kept getting "No Children" I found a link for Asset Studio(https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio/releases) and i'm up and running now. Thanks again and hope to be updating some content in the near future.
- Ruadolt (talk) 12:18, 22 July 2019 (UTC)
- Oh my goodness, I'm sorry I gave you the wrong link! I wrote this on mobile and didn't really check. Glad you still found it, though!
- Anyway, thank you so much for putting up the missing Pickaxe Power icons! I didn't know how to add the drop shadows and recolor them.
- RhythmJigoku (talk) 19:54, 22 July 2019 (UTC)
- All is good no worries. I have Photoshop so it's easy to add a color overlay and drop shadows. I'm trying to go through and adding\updating content as I see where it is needed. Do you have a running list that I could help with? Thanks Again.
- Side note I also found that if you filter on the Texture2d files as opposed to the Sprites the graphics are a little crisper.
- Could you please upload the fish sprites from the Fishing Event? Maybe put them in a gallery at the bottom of the Aquatic Event page. Also, a few other images I recently uploaded may have been Sprites instead of Texture2D, if you wouldn't mind checking.
- By the way, I never noticed the quality difference between the two! Thanks for letting me know. I was using Sprites because it cuts apart sprite atlases automatically, but I guess they're not converted correctly.
- Also, thanks for all the help you've done so far!
- RhythmJigoku (talk) 15:15, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- You are correct I did not notice that before but the Sprites are not split. I do find when I upscale the texture2d element and manually extract each element I get better image quality. Sadly it takes longer but it looks better(example SpriteAtlasTexture-skilltree is not split in Texture2d).
- Ruadolt (talk) 20:13, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the new images. By the way, sprites do not have to be upscaled before uploading. The wiki has nearest-neighbor sprite scaling, so stretching it will not blur the image! Multiply the height by any whole number and it will stretch without any distortion. This only works with images with borders or with no specified style, though. Thumb(nail), frameless, and frame won't stretch images. Example, for a 32px image:
[[Sprite.png|border|128px|right]] or [[File:Sprite.png|128px|right]]
- will render at 4x size, to the right, with no blurring. The border is too light to really see, so please use no style. See List of Aquatic Event Items for a live example.
- Also, I'm thinking of making a template to display images at a given scale, which would be useful for images with unusual sizes. It would be used like this:
- Result for a 32px image:
- RhythmJigoku (talk) 02:55, 26 July 2019 (UTC)